UPSC Mains Exam: Booklist and Strategy for Hindi Literature Optional
Here is a compilation of books for Hindi Literature Optional along with some preparation strategies.
Booklists for Hindi literature optional subject
- IGNOU Notes: Literature of Hindi Language
- Hindi Sahitya Ka Itihaas – Kumar Sarvesh
- Hindi Kavita – Kal se Aaj Tak – Kumar Sarvesh
- Nirala Aur Muktaboth ki Chaar Lambi Kavitayen – Nand Kishore Naval
- Kavya Ke Tatva – Acharya Devendra Nath Thakur
- Scandgupta – Siddh Nath Kumar
- Triveni – Acharya Ram Chandra Shukla
- Kabir – Hajari Prasad Divedi
- Surdas – Balram Tiwari
- Bharat Durdasha – Dinesh Dwivedi, Revati Raman
- Aashadh ka Ek Din – Girish Rastogi and Siddh Nath Kumar
Advantages of taking Hindi Literature Optional
- Less competition as most of the candidates appearing for the exam would be from English Medium.
- This subject has been one of the most scoring subjects as most of the IAS topers from Hindi Medium have chosen Hindi Literature as optional.
- The syllabus can be covered in short period of time (approximately in 3-4 months the entire syllabus can be covered).
- The subject is easy to understand as it doesn’t hold any complex concepts.
- There are no guidelines in answer writing for this optional paper compared to other optional subjects.
- The subject doesn’t require daily updates like other optional subjects; hence, one-time preparation with regular revision would serve the purpose.
- This subject also helps in writing the Essay Paper of mains exam and to face the board members confidently in the personality test/interview, as literature deals with the strong viewpoint about life.
Strategy for Hindi literature optional
- Should know UPSC Hindi Literature Optional Subject Syllabus very well.
- All the four sections in the syllabus are inter-related, which makes the preparation for this subject easier.
- Candidate should use creativity and right expression in their answer writing as the subject is associated with emotions and feelings.