UPSC Mains Exam: Booklist for Management Optional
Here’s a list of books for management optional subject for UPSC Civil Services Mains Exam Preparation.
Booklist for Management Optional Subject Paper-I
- Organizational Design: Khandwala; Madhukar Shukla (both)
- Organizational Behaviour: Luthans and Robbins
- Organizational Behaviour: Luthans
- Strategic Cost Management: Business Today supplements
- Economics: Any good economics book
- Management: Terry and Franklin; Koontz and Donnel ; Koontz and weihrich
- Strategic Management: Michael Porter
Booklist for Management Optional Subject Paper-II
- Marketing: Kotler and any one Indian author book (Saxena / Ramaswami etc.)
- Financial: Pandey / Chandra / Khan & Jain/ Bearley
- Information Technology: Any good book which gives holistic view covering all the topics along with Internet based notes.
- International: Business Media and Government Rules on export procedures, transfer pricing etc.
- Operations: Adams / Taha
- HRD: Mammoria/ Monappa/ Prasad/ Flippo
Below-given are the major topics as mentioned in the UPSC Mains Syllabus for Management optional Subject.
PAPER – I
- Managerial Function and Process
- Organisational Behaviour and Design
- Human Resource Management
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- Marketing Management
PAPER – II
- Quantitative Techniques in Decision Making
- Production and Operations Management
- Management Information System
- Government Business Interface
- Strategic Management
- International Business