UPSC Mains Exam: Booklist and Strategy for Urdu Literature Optional
Here’s a list of books and strategy for Urdu Literature Optional for UPSC Mains Exam.
Booklist for Urdu Literature Optional
- Urdu ki Lisani Tashkil –Mirza Khalil Ahmad Beg
- Mokqadwa; Tarikh-e-Zuban-e-Urdu – Prof. Maswood Husain Khan
- Ansaf-e-SuKhan aur Sher Haiyyaten – Shamian Ahmed
- Urdu Shairi ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
- Urdu Nasr ka Tauqidi Mutala – Suenbul Nigar
- Urdu Adab Ki Tarikh –Noorul Hasan Naqvi
Strategy for Urdu Literature Optional
- Urdu subject is recommended as the optional subject to candidates who have done graduation in the same language.
- Candidates should think twice before choosing this subject as their optional for mains exam, as there is a dearth of availability of books on this subject and the syllabus is vast.
- Many IAS Experts recommend candidates to choose optional subjects which interest them and this goes very well especially for the literature optional subjects for mains exam.
- The literature subjects need good command over the language and one should know the construction and grammar along with the literature.
- The Urdu Literature Syllabus includes genesis of language, genres, criticism, and plethora of literature like
- Mir Amman Bagho-Babar
- Ghalib Intikhab-e-Khutoot-e Ghalib
- Husain Nairang-e-Khayal Azad
- Prem Chand Godan
- Rajendra Singh Apne Dukh Mujhe Bedi Dedo
- Abul Kalam Azad Ghubar-e-Khatir
- Mir Intikhab-e-Kalam-e-Mir(Ed. Abdul Haq.)
- Mir Hasan Sahrul Bayan
- Ghalib Diwan-e-Ghalib
- Iqbal Bal-e-Jibrail
- Firaq Gul-e-Naghma
- Faiz Dast-e-Saba
- Akhtruliman Bint-e-Lamhat
- Candidates should develop writing skills.
- Handwriting should be comprehensible.
- One should go through previous years’ question papers to get a fair idea of questions asked in the exam. In recent past, analytical and unconventional questions have been asked on the paper in the mains exam.
- With the right approach and study plan, it is possible to score well in this paper.
- If you think you can write in Urdu, have the patience to sit down and enjoy writing the commentary of verses, enjoy reading Urdu nasr then take it as you have the abilities to excel in this subject.
- If one examines the previous IAS toppers in UPSC Exam with Urdu Literature as their optional subject have succeeded because they were well-versed in Urdu with multiple years of experience in it.